Sunday, June 27, 2010

40 weeks 1 day

So here we are, the day after our ESTIMATED due date and no Baby Jack! I said all along that I did not think he would be early or even on time. My prediction is Wednesday, June 30 but we'll see. A little part of me thinks it might be before that. We go to the doctor tomorrow, Monday, June 28 and we will see what the mid-wife says. I know we will discuss induction but I really do hope that Baby Jack comes on his own.

James and I have been trying to keep busy. We have been shopping, James works in the yard, I work on the baby book, we watch tv and movies. It's so hot outside (in the mid to upper 90's with a heat index around 100) that we don't like to venture out there, even if we want to! I would like to take a walk but it's just so stinkin' hot!!
Nothing else really new to report. We are just really, really excited and can't wait to meet our little guy, hold him, love him and watch him grow. :)

This was taken at 39 weeks and 6 days - the day before the due date.

This was taken at 38 weeks and 6 days.


How far along are you? 40 weeks and 1 day
Maternity clothes? Of course! And some of my shirts are almost too short!
Weight – Loss or Gain? I have stayed the same for a couple of weeks...until last week when I gained one pound. Or rather, it was probably Jack that gained another pound at this point!
Has your shoe size changed? Nope.
Stretch marks? Nope. Thank goodness!
Sleep: I feel so lucky that I am still sleeping well and often! I only have to get up once around 6:30 to use the bathroom and I go right back to sleep.
Best moment this week: Reaching our due date...even if nothing happened!
Any Movement? All the time!
Food Cravings? Nope.
Food Aversions? Lately, certain smells have been bothering me. Mostly it's hot dogs. Gross! James drank a cup of coffee the other night and that smelled disgusting to me, although I drink it every morning. Weird.
Belly Button in or out? It's almost an outtie...so weird.
What do you miss: I miss knowing if I've spilled something on my clothes! There are so many parts of my clothes that I can't see that I always have to ask James when we are out if I am still clean! We all know I'm a little messy!
What are you looking forward to: Baby Jack's arrival, of course!!
Weekly Wisdom: I am just trying to enjoy this last little bit of time by myself and with James because (clearly) that is all about to change!
Milestones: Reaching our estimated due date - which obviously wasn't right! Or so the Internet says... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment